This disclosure statement explains my relationship to the advertisers on my site and how I receive compensation.
AfricanWeddingTraditions.com is an informational website which is provided as a service to my readers. I write all of the original content for this African Wedding Traditions site without compensation.
When you visit AfricanWeddingTraditions.com I hope you find browsing and reading here both a learning experience and a pleasure. I absolutely enjoy providing useful free information about African weddings and what makes them and us so unique.
How I Get Compensated As The Owner Of This Website
Sure, creating this website is fun for me, but I do get paid for all the work I put into it. So in the spirit of full disclosure, here are all the ways I get compensated for running this website.
You will see some ads and product banners posted in various places on my site. In some cases I may receive compensation from the following source(s):
Pay-Per-Click Advertising - I may receive a small commission when you click on an ad link.
Affiliate Advertising -. I may also receive a commission when you follow a link, banner ad or recommended product then make a purchase from the merchant. These affiliates include the following companies and service providers:
- SBI (Site Build It) - this is the company that provides the suite of tools I used to build this website. I believe in this company and the products they put out. I highly recommend them to anyone who wants to build their own online business. For everyone who signs up to use SBI based on my recommendation, I get a $75 commission.
The commissions I get from other affiliates varies. These companies include:
- Favor Affair - a premiere supplier of unique bridal shower and wedding favors
- Novica - a provider of fine art and home decor from Africa and beyond. Novica works with individual artisans and has had a profound impact on their lives. Many of their participating artists have been able to overcome the economic challenges felt in developing regions of the world, allowing them to concentrate and work full time as artists.
- Art & Home - suppliers of murals and artwork for the home
- Cultural Elements - a New York-based company which caters to a clientele with a fine taste in home décor, home accessories and small furniture. I like their selection because they offer items from around the worls, including Africa.
- Urban Accents - these folks carry a nice array of African spices and other foods
- ESP Emporium - purveyors of specialty teas and coffees. They have a nice selection of African teas and coffees.
- Satellite Image Art - they have a beautiful selection of stunning satellite pictures of different parts of the African continent.
- Green Living Everyday - another one of my favorite suppliers of unique 100% Fair Trade Gifts from artisans from around the world. They also specialise in providing handmade Gifts and jewelry from Africa.
- Gifts With Humanity - yet another favorite of mine. They too supply unique handmade gifts, jewelry, and home decor, and its all 100% Fair Trade! In addition, every purchase you make benefits a US-based good cause.
- NativeMotif.com - from original paintings to limited edition art prints for the home, they have a selection of items that you can be sure the new couple will not be getting duplicates of.
MissNowMrs.Com - for new brides, changing your name after marriage can be not just confusing but also quite a hassle to do. These folks will handle the whole process for you and, as they say, save you 13 hours of time spent trying to do it yourself. For the low price of $29.95, I think it's definitely worth it!
From time to time, I may also promote special events and sales put on by the following companies as they cater to the brides and supply wedding-related items.
Bellacor Lighting & Home Furnishings
AllPosters.Com & Art.Com
Other affiliate partners include:
- Linens 'N Things
These commissions help me to offset the operating costs of this website so that I can continue to provide information free-of-charge to you, my site visitors.
If you are able to, please do support these merchants. I have taken the time to vet them and make sure that they are socially responsible and that they employ best business practices.
Site Sponsors & Paid Directory Listings
In addition to the affiliate products I promote, a limited number of merchants have chosen to sponsor this website. For a nominal monthly or annual fee, I do a detailed unbiased editorial about their business and in addition their business also receive site-wide exposure.
Other wedding industry-related vendors also have the option of listing their businesses in a paid directory.
Our site sponsors include the following wonderful companies:
Supporting my sponsors and advertisers will be greatly appreciated. A lot of them have personal stories which I tell along the way on the pages of this site.
Building this site takes time, effort and money to maintain and to keep delivering, on an on-going basis, fresh original content for free to you.
Please do note that many ads are served by 3rd party ad networks. Unfortunately I am not able to monitor every ad that is served by these networks.
However, if you see an ad that is offensive, have a complaint about fraudulent business practices by any of my advertisers, or if you have questions or concerns about my advertising policies, please feel free to contact me immediately.
Thank you for supporting AfricanWeddingTraditions.com!
eBooks I promote
Though I have written and sell my own eBooks, occasionally if I come across one that I think will be beneficial to my site visitors, I will promote it as well.
These are books written by others and I will give an unbiased review of them as I do purchase and read them myself before making a recommendation.
Please read my personal reviews of the above books before purchasing them so you can make a well-informed buying decision.
Return to African Wedding Traditions Home Page